I was going through some old documents and found an “to do” list that used to be present here. I thought I’d resurrect it.
To do before I die:
- Visit 100 countries*, spending a minimum of 2 nights in each. I’m on 15**.
Practise as a Buddhist monk.***
- Go to a
Loso (1) (2)and/or Silly Fools(band split up!) concert.
- Trek round the Annapurna Circuit in Nepal.
- Trek in Peru (Machu Picchu).
- Cycle tour through France and Spain.
- Skydive (in tandam counted).
- Learn to speak, read, and write Thai and become proficient in speaking another language.
- Travel across Canada over to Vancouver and upto Alaska.
- Finish in the top 50 in a National Men’s Cyclo Cross race
- Run a half marathon or maybe if I’m feeling fit a full one ;)
- See the Northern Lights.
* “Country” is a suprisingly ambiguous word! The 100 target allows for a breakdown of States into dependent territories. For example, you wouldn’t count visiting the Polynesian Islands in the middle of the Pacific as the same as visiting France would you? (though they belong to the same state!).
** Wales (lots), Scotland (lots), France (5), Spain, Thailand (7), Laos, Vietnam, Hong Kong (2), Macau, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Norway, Italy (2), Germany.
*** Further reflection and reading on this has revealed that it would be unsuitable for me; I’d be unable to embrace the concept of Karma and Reincarnation fully, making me a kind of pseudo-monk.