My New Year’s Resolutions are usually very similar each year – self improve with regard to fitness, both mental and physical, and work hard in my profession. This year I’m trying to set more explicit goals; rather than “read more”, I’ve set a target of reading a book a month. It may not sound like much, but when factoring in time spent on other things (not to mention reading technical literature) it’s a reasonable aim. Anyway, here they are:
- After being ill, get cycling regularly again. Aiming for a consistant 100 miles/wk by May, then increase carefully.
- Hit the cyclo-cross season in September feeling strong, not tired. Finish roughly 6-7 minutes down on the professionals.
- Add running into the exercise routine.
- Run my first 10K. Have a rough aim of beating 48 minutes.
- Listen to Radio 4 on the way to and from work (rather than music) – and hopefully absorb some of it.
- Read a book a month.
- Take the Microsoft 70-294 exam by the end of May.
- Take the Microsoft 70-298 exam by the end of August, to get my MCSE.
- Take the VMware VCP (Vsphere 4) exam by the end of October.
- Learn to use my digital SLR properly in modes other than Automatic.
- Walk in the countryside more frequently.
- Learn a new dish a month, and cook the well rated recipes more regularly!